Saturday, June 09, 2007

Quick Update
A quick post this time around...Friends Shelley and Mark visited at the end of May. We enjoyed some sushi and other treats at a local karaoke bar and took a road trip to Jungle Jim's for some fun food shopping. Later, Xan and I implemented our long-discussed but never acted upon plan to see more movies. We've missed so many in the last few years--I think we'd only been to one single film in the theater so far this year, and that feels like a crime. It can get expensive, sure, but I love seeing films on the big screen! We saw and GREATLY enjoyed Hot Fuzz, a send-up of cop shows/movies by the Shaun of the Dead people, and 28 Weeks Later, a sequel to 28 Days Later that we were both worried was going to be awful.
-C

Today's picture theme seems to be "People sitting next to
unusual plastic things." First up is a shot of friends Shelley and Mark
in front of a giant fiberglass banana outside Jungle Jim's


Next we have a shot of Xan in the lobby of our local cineplex,
cozying up to her second-favorite family

1 comment:

Neil Hill said...

I haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet, but I certainly plan to when its out on glorious DVD (where I can watch it from the comfort of my couch). Also, that shot of Xan next to Homer- priceless...