Sunday, June 18, 2006


Happy Father's Day
At left is one of my favorite photos ever of my Dad(and Mom). I chose this picture to share on Father's Day because I'm currently working on a project involving scanning the hundreds of Sprouse Family India slides(from our stay in India from 1970-72) into my computer.

I don't think I've ever said this before, but thanks, Dad, for allowing us to have such an interesting and colorful event in our lives. We rode an elephant, saw the Taj Mahal, visited countless other exotic sites. You taught me how to draw over there, and fostered our love of comics and science fiction. I wouldn't be the same person I am today without that trip as part of my past.

It isn't just the trip that is making me all nostalgic and syrupy. I also treasure the memories of the nights we'd hunker down as a family in the rec room and you'd set up the screen and projector while Mom prepared the fondu(it was the 70's)--or better yet, homemade Indian food--and we'd watch the India slideshow, complete with your narration. I've heard a lot of people complain about watching vacation slideshows--not me, at least in this case--those were good times!

Again, thanks, and happy Father's Day!
--C

No comments: